Monday, January 30, 2006

 
White-Black Dialog, Suddenly Important

W/ Look at that! Whole rafts of people with bad haircuts and housedresses being swept up into the sky!

B/ That’s just the Earlybird. Richer folks sortin’ out their property right now. They paid for nicer flight later on. First Class in everything!

W/ But what...?

B/ You is so slow, Baby. This here’s Rapture they’s been threatenin’ us wif!

W/ It’s awful! You can smell leftover fire and brimstone. I used to laugh at these clowns!

B/ They gets the last laugh,excuse some more Black English. We makes fun of ourselves as we goes along. Called sanity.

W/ I’ve got some money. Who should I see?

B/ Nobody now,if you haven’t done it. Righteous Preachers busy gettin’ their own shit together.
Can maybe scrape up a ticket for the whore-on-the-side, but not you.

W/ Why are you so calm?

B/ ‘Cuz I done already decided not to try for the last flight, the separate but equal one? But my what a sight that’ll be! Darkies darkenin’ the dark sky! White eyeballs a-flashin’! Damn shame there’s a banjo shortage.

W/ Well,I’m not giving up! Maybe...?

B/ I really hope so. Like it to be an Afro world down here.

W/ But it’ll be hell!

B/ We’ll work on it. We know better ‘bout love, Honey.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?