Friday, May 12, 2006

 
Choices


CARDINAL
This game show is called SO YOU WANT TO BE A BISHOP?

PRIEST
With all due respect, Your Eminence, the scotch is getting watery. Additionally, I feel that my bishop misunderstood...

CARDINAL
Your poor will wait. As if they have a choice.

PRIEST
You have choices. And you make them for The Church.

CARDINAL
Thank you for pointing that out, but not really. We have investments.

PRIEST
If the face of Church and that of Wealth remains indistinguishable, then...

CARDINAL
Thank you for coming in, and I’ll personally thank the Bishop for sending you. But...the Bishop Game is not for you–as we both realize. And though you may become a saint far down the road, my vineyard differs. I pray for yours bearing abundant fruit, and God bless you, Father!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?