Saturday, May 27, 2006

 
Not much of a believer

but my Guardian Angel is. I’m
guarding nothing at icy 0 in my
new company in Korea and

nip into a supply tent,
fire up a stove.

After a bit it grows hot
and the red splotch
by the pipe starts

migrating in my drowsiness.
An outside hustle snaps me to,

and I speed through protocol:
Halt Who goes there?

Proves to be my Captain,
and this our first meeting.

He’s a tub but has seen
John Wayne films, twin

45s flank mobile hips. Demands
to know what I’m doing!

Heard a noise and de-
cided to investigate! Repeats

my words with theatrical contempt,
another hilarious routine
to his entourage. That’s

when my GA shoves over a pile of
crap, and Cap and Crew nearly shit.

Drawing their weapons and
bumping, 3 Stooges Style,

but GA vamooses before they can
effectively make feathers fly.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?