Friday, June 30, 2006

 
How It Went & Goes

The boardroom overwhelmed with it's smell of old polished wood and its assembly of power.
But I had a report to give!

Facts are truth, and it's no business of mine what the CEO and Board decide afterwards.

So I embarked! Didn't look up from my script too much. When I did it was wall-to-wall frowns.
Well, nobody said that telling truth to power is easy.

CEO declared a break just when I got into evidence from our LA branch. And warnings of possible indictments.

Lattes and exquisite little pastries.

He started a chat. "You didn't mention Cincinnati Experiment. Such positive force there! And we wrapped
in the community and took a mob of kids to the Reds baseball game. Great on the books and great every
which way. I'm tremendously proud of it!"

"I'll get to it, Sir. There still remain other examples of--"

"It'll be the only focus of the rest of your presentation."

Had to be fast on my feet since there wasn't all that much there to fill the time scheduled.

Gratifying, though, to be so universally congratulated upon wrapping up.

And, all in all, I think I struck a balance overall.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?