Monday, July 17, 2006

 
Seminar

SENATOR
I’m a sonofabitch! I don’t have to hear professors rant,or float their fairy theories.
Even our professors!–and aren’t they a kiss-ass bunch? I’ve been in politics all
my life,and yet even I can throw up. This outhouse helps.

And,listen! If I want to play Daniel Boone, I’ll camp in the woods back of my house
back home.

AIDE
The rustic housing and surroundings are supposed be conducive to purer thought,
Sir. Away from combat of the rancid beltway n’all?

SENATOR
Well it isn’t. It’s conducive to expansive bullshit!

AIDE
Just one more session. And it’s rumored the president might copter in!

SENATOR
Dead letter. Oh Jesus H. Christ no toilet paper! Just what you’d fuckin expect!

AIDE
I’ll get right to the Concierge!

SENATOR
Yeah,Concierge in a flannel shirt. Never mind. I always carry a copy of the Constitution.
Any port in a storm.

AIDE
Sir?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?