Saturday, August 05, 2006

 
2020

I took the recommended posture,having gotten used to it.

Search Leader: "We'll ask the same question in the hope of a different answer."

I told him the previous tenant knew him,but didn't know his name. He only referred to him as The Colleague.

Search Leader: "Despite both of you,we'll get him."

The apartment,the usual collection of approved cubes with patriotic posters,shook from a gunshot.

The Leader and his sergeant ran out. I kept my pose in case it was a trick.

It proved to have been Grandpa,who jerked and was shot by a rookie.

Is he dead? I asked when they laughingly informed me.

"Nah. Just an extra hole. We'll take him along and patch him up. War Against
Terrorism isn't heartless.”

“Not today,” came the Sergeant’s response.

“Give him a receipt."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?