Tuesday, May 08, 2007

 

Imploring the Executive

-That sonabitch is indicting me! And he supposed to be a Republican
sonabitch!

-Yeah, well...

-Can you do something? I mean except shrug?

-We did, regarding others, and we’re in the middle of a sorry clusterfuck
about it. Can’t take any more hits! Sorry.

-Then I’m to twist in the wind?

-Quaint phrase. Back to Nixon?

-I don’t wanna put it this way, but I know where the bodies are buried!

-That kind of talk obviates our help. Period!

-Okay okay, I’m nervous, okay?

-We’ll help with legal fees. Our hands are tied besides that.

-But what if he convinces some halfwit jury?

-Then you’ll end in Allenwood or the like. Might as well fix up a tennis
appointment now.

-That overstates. I’ve heard all that before, but all those places are dreadful!

-Ah well! A risk we take. Politics can swirl into criminality almost imperceptively.

-That’s no help, that intellectuality! That’s what stinks about the other party.

-Well...I have others waiting out there... ...

-Oh fuck I’m fucked! Can there be...pardon?

-I’ll bring it up.

-Jesus Christ, Clinton pardoned all manner of sleazeballs!

-I’ll bring it up.

-I gotta have more than that!

-Come in again. If only to chat.

-Please! I’ve given my life to the party! No fuckin exaggeration!
Will I get a pardon? I’ve gotta know!

-Killers by Hemingway? When the diner counterman asks one of the murderers waiting to kill the Swede? “What you going to do with us afterward?”

-Oh Christ!

-He answers that it’s something you never know at the time.

-I’m toast!

-Yeah, but fun to look at things in a literary way. It...lifts us.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?