Monday, August 06, 2007

 
Aides


A1
You get this too?

A2
The slight lift upward of the hand? Yes.

A1
Meaning Get it done! Don’t bother me with trivialities!

A2
Harvard Business School Model. He only does the huge and masterly things. Perfect cover for the completely lazy bastard. Or the incompetent.

A1
Are you saying–?

A2
I say nothing. Just an aide like you.

A1
Well, what do we do in regards to his little wave? We’re supposed to act together on it, you know.

A2
Nothing. Not a fuckin thing. I got bigger fish to fry.

A1
But–?

A2
You work for me.

A1
We always...together. Since College Republicans.

A2
Don’t worry. I’m not really pulling rank. It’s just that the number one senator was in here last week and actually snapped at me, “How ‘bout you shake you lil girlie-boy ass and get me cuppa coffee?” Obnoxious, venal crook.

A1
He talks to everybody like that.

A2
Not to you and not to me!

A1
Nothing we can do–

A2
Summon! him tomorrow. Fuck him raw on how he has betrayed the president and the party! Ream him out while he turns scarlet!

A1
He’ll just tell us to–!

A2
That right?

A1
Or phone pres or vp screaming.

A2
That’s when you come in. You’re the shortstop.

A1
Oh yeah! Like I can–

A2
Just thump attache case.

A1
Yeah, that’ll scare him!

A2
And pronounce four words. That’s all. Dead Puerto Rican woman.

A1
Wow!

A2
He’ll think we got the goods in there, but ‘ll be empty. Bluff. At any rate,
she didn’t die in his sleazy bed, but went back to her village and cashed in
after a few days.

A1
What–?

A2
Poison. Probably meant for him.

A1
Terrorists?

A2
Wife.

A1
Christ! But why are you doing this?

A2
Thought that was obvious. I despise him! And small fry don’t get these chances very often.

A1
I didn’t think we needed them.

A2
That’s where you’re wrong. Beginning of power in this town.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?