Friday, August 24, 2007

 
The Meeting

-Those of us who stayed allowed to use custodians' shower, so we remained presentable. And my wife brought in fresh clothes for a good while.

-How did she feel...?

-Proud at first, but wearied that my usual hometasks were being neglected. I was an ace in the garden.

-What happened to it?

-Oursourced. Really good man...well she eventually married the gardener.

-All that sacrifice! For the company!

-Well, some fruition at least. I tried to toast the record with Lou from Purchasing, and he my mandatory retirement, when he...

-Dropped dead. I heard.

-Tragically. Anyway, so, that's it. You can't have
a meeting with just one person.

-You're historian too, right. How many...?

-Average attendance twenty-six. High over a hundred.

-Wow! How did you ever stick with it? Then endless business meeting is a standard joke, but you actually...

-Tons of Danish.

-Sixteen years worth! Brother! You haven't left the building in sixteen years! This room really, except for the shower.

-We started with butcher paper and grease pencils. Now Power Point of course.

-Look at those monitors!

-They just came. Big as multiplex screens.
I think I'll go to a movie now.

-You deserve it.

-Thanks, but I've been recognized. The Big Man
sent a dvd.

-I heard everybody was forced to watch it.

-We don't look at things that way.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?