Sunday, June 01, 2008

 
Dog

-I think Lulu has had a silly-ass puppyhood around the barnyard.

-She’s a clown all right.

-Well, she starts herding tomorrow.

-Roscoe won’t like that!

-Breaks my heart. But it’s time.

-Just a dog, Carl!

-Smarter than most fuckin humans you ask me!

-Lulu’s quick. Won’t take outing or two. And then?

-Rosco’ll hafta stay home. Rest of his days.

-He won’t eat. He’ll mope.

-It’s time, Goddammit! I hope my sons do it as well when it’s mine.

-Rip will. He’ll put a beer in one hand and a sandwich in
the other and say. “Kitchen’s your base of operations now!”

-And Benny?

-He’ll say, “Hired men know what to do. You worry too much!
Call me in a tee time, Dad.”

-And Rip won’t stay! I know it!

-Nope. He’ll get a spread ten times larger, and throw this one to Benny!

-Man it all seems hopeless!

-You and Roscoe all right!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?