Thursday, June 25, 2009

 
Rocco and the Iranian


ROCCO
You look, could be, Iranian? Excuse me, but...?

IRANIAN
Guilty.

ROCCO
We don’t get many in South Philadelphia.

IRANIAN
No, you need a certain set of qualities. I like Celebre’s egg and pepper sandwich, and I’m going to the Phillies afternoon game.

ROCCO
No demonstrations?

IRANIAN
Rally at the university tonight. So, I’m relaxing now. Man does not live
on politics alone,

ROCCO
Coulda fooled me. So, fixed election?

IRANIAN
Yeah a page from your book.

ROCCO
We don’t hafta fix ‘em. Supreme court awards the office to benefactor’s
dim kid.

IRANIAN
Such kids abound in my country.

ROCCO
A day that will live in infamy!

IRANIAN
You have many of these days?

ROCCO
Stopped counting.

----------

Rocco appears at this site serially--always never in doubt.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?