Friday, December 03, 2010

 

Rocco and Packy the Painter

ROCCO
Yo Pack! Still working on those abstracts of abstracts? Beautiful to me. I’ll buy the one in Time.

PACKY
Still available. That story supposed to make my career left me in the same unsalable rut.

ROCCO
But you hang in museums!

PACKY
Does that make me well-hung?

ROCCO
I’ll check with your girlfriend.

PACKY
Don’t bother. It’s her week not to speak to anybody.
Her PhD’s in Depression.

ROCCO
Christ! Does chaos make art, or art make chaos?

PACKY
I don’t puzzle much out. Intellectualizing ices the
balls of painting.

ROCCO
At any non-sexual rate, presently working on–?

PACKY
Complete 180. Photographic realism so acute it hurts.

ROCCO
Any subject I’d know? Twilight on St Monica’s?

PACKY
Remember that waterside industrial ruin in
French Connection? Set up my easel there among
crap and shattered toilets and graffiti. Not to mention homeless turds with steam still rising.

ROCCO
Lovely! What’re you calling it?

PACKY
The United States of America.

The artists, too, return to South Philadelphia.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?