Saturday, March 05, 2011

 
The Absent Diva


-Just needed toilet valve.

-Yeah? I used to be a plumber in the old country.

-Oh?

-It's a new profession there even yet.

-That a joke?

-A lame one.

-Will I get to see...?

-She's not here. Argentina or someplace. If she sweeps in
with hairdresser and assorted fruits, you'll know.

-Is she really a diva?

-When she has a man, yes. When not, it’s worse in a way:
she's the brutalized child from Rahway mostly.

-Anyway, I like her music.

-Most do. I'm lukewarm.

-Wouldn't say that to her face!

-I say a few things there, but never that.

-The office'll send a bill.

-And I'll pay it, which is the right and proper thing to do.

-Well, I got another call.

-To aid a bottom less rarefied?

-Something like that.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?