Sunday, March 17, 2013

 
My Wife and I Lead Quiet Lives

I’m bookkeeper in a small firm, which pretty much
prospers evenly through booms and recessions.

You’d cite management, but...well, run strangely
is all.

The partners despised each other. Mr A confided in me
early on: “Never trust that shyster! Any problem you come to me.”

Mr B: “No wonder the wife goes with horny kids. We got one icy fish here!”

Well, that’s the flavor. Think of ten years of it!

Ended, as the TV says, in a hail of bullets. I know, I know, I’m risking being melodramatic. 

For a bookkeeper.

Mr A exits the Cadillac in the garage, and whammo!

You’d think the cops would want to talk to his chief
antagonist. They did, but couldn’t get a word with
the sobbing! So, he deeply loved A would you believe?

Mrs A did not so much. Within a week she was arrested. Alongside freshest 

Romeo. A plot of such mangled complexity as to engender hilarity 
in the precinct.

They got Life.

Niece inherited A’s stake and she’s a Tartar!
Refused B’s buyout offer and is threatening to
drag the firm into the 21st Century by any force
necessary.

Also, she warned me against him before he could
rally from the tragedy.

My wife and I lead quiet lives.  

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?