Friday, July 26, 2013

 

How To Wait



The Women, One Man
 

-How long have you been waiting?

-Waiting?

-She's dementia-d since she got here.
I arrived right after. Coming up to a year.

-That's intolerable! I'm from Inspector
General.

-So was the last guy, last year.

-Why is it all women here?

-The men don't hafta wait. New rule.

-Well, we'll see about that!

-We're always seeing about things.

-You're emphatically correct!

-And nothing gets done.

-All we can do is submit our reports.

-They're worse than nothing.

-Patience, Miss_____?

-Mrs. I got married here. It was August and
the A/C quit.

-Can your husband help? Email the officials
in charge?

-Being male he got some heft, but they
took him after the wedding for the war.

-Which war?

-What's the difference?

-Is there anything you personally want me
to put in my report?

-Let people get married here without
snatching away the groom!

-I was going to do that.

-And make for faster funerals. One or two
dies a day. And they take up a place in line.

-I'll make a note.

-And stink! Well the A/C's permanently gone
of course.

-Not worth fixing the old style.

-I'd give up my citizenship now if that humungous
TV up there didn't tell me how wonderful it was.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Highly efficient killing machine.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?