Sunday, July 14, 2013

 

Shock of Art



Facets of Aesthetics


-After the divorce, I met Rosette. Did you ever...?

-You don't remember drinking away a few weekends?
Her and you, and my Chloe and me?

-I don't remember much of anything from that time.
That's the point. So, Rosette and I decided to change.
Instead of booze we studied painting in a night
course at the Academy. Both proved mediocre, but
we loved it even better than the giggle juice.

-Chloe and I are breaking away from it too.
Maybe we'll take a course.

-She's so beautiful it's a wonder some slickster hasn’t
stolen her away!

-I stay ever-vigilant. Besides, Rosette is no slouch. She...

- ...resembles a small gaudy dumpster. Let's not sugarcoat.

-Whereas you...?

-Even worse.

-I'd say Wooly Mammoth.

-No tusks.

-You come damn close.

-Okay so we're not Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie!
But we found each other--as some fuckin song
must go. But anyway, I called you about
Lindy, from Sales.

-Organized. No nonsense.

-Not really given to hallucinations?

-Hardly.

-That's my problem.

-How so?

-Well Rosette likes the light in my office, you know?

-It streams!

-She also likes to paint in the nude, and have me pose
the same way.

-This will intersect with totally not-artsy Lindy?

-Everybody supposed to be gone for holiday weekend?
And she hops back Saturday afternoon for sales folders.

-And into massive nudity?

-Exactly.

-What...?

-Faints dead away. We get dressed, like, immediately.
And when she comes to, I give her herbal shit my ex
had me buy the day she left...then phoned me here and
told me to stick it up my ass.

-Anyway, back to the victim?

-Rosette tells her of terrible virus going around!

-Let me guess. So awful it even imparts hallucinations?

-She looked so battered, I think she bought it.

-But what's the difference? It's your company!
You do what you please.

-Once upon a time. But we're part of a halfass
conglomerate now. And up for accreditation.
I mean they got heavenly standards. You'd never
think it was business. Besides, some of our
oldest stockholders run Church investment plans!

-So, if a certain eyewitness blabs as to behavior that other members of the conglom-a-nonsense, plus
traditional bluenoses, think is not exactly moral...?

-Hey! I could go it alone again, but lose a lot
of benefits for myself and the whole crew.

-You want me to talk to her! You devious, hairy bastard!

-Could you?

-Should I stay with the vision story?

-Use your own judgement.

-Well, if she's gone off half-wacky, I will.

-Hell, we really didn't do anything wrong!

-Was the shock! Besides from an aesthetic viewpoint
you both surely did. Do.

-Like, YOU'RE handsome?

-So I've been told...once even by...Lindy.

-I knew it was right to bring you in!

-This will cost you.

-Name it.

-She was so stressed out! The mind can do anything
to you. A few French dinners will soothe, methinks.
And then an equal number to assuage my Chloe.

-Balance!

-My middle name.




Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?