Friday, September 26, 2014

 

Country Star


-That’s one bright one up there! When I lived way in
the country, just stars’d show the way to the shitter.
Didn’t need no moon.

-You realize that light has been traveling many
many years to get here? It happened tons and tons
of years ago.

-Uh huh? You went to that college two towns over.
They get paid to make things complicated. Look!
I see the light. I close my eyes and I don’t see it.
It’s there, I’m here. You don’t  need no fuckin
light-years, or whatever they’re called.

-Hundred eighty six thousand miles a second!
Think about that!

-I did. It’s bullshit!

-How can you say that?

-As a Baptist. God’s up there taking charge. Alls you 

gotta know!

-I don’t agree! God wants us to know as much as we can.

-No He don’t. That commandment He didn’t make.

-So, the light didn’t travel here?

-It’s up there and I see it here. What could be simpler?


Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Born again, in the dark.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?