Sunday, October 12, 2014

 

The Reach of Mathematics


Hubby

-After lovemaking... and I cringe to use
that  phrase.

-You cringe to use any phrase.

-I thought I'd be clever back then.

-That's a reach always.

-So I said "That's all gratifying enough,
but how does it work mathematically?"

-Severe mistake.

-She ran with it and hasn't shut up since.

-Even now? Old Married Folks.

-Worse!

-Well, how could you know she was a mathematician?

-She's hardly a large number, but she's the
large number girl!

-A trillion, she's just getting started.

-It never stops! Even now, she's sleeping,
but all the computers in the house are
buzzing equations. Endless stream.

-Love’s a strange amalgam.

-Stranger yet. Herself, she just fiddles
on a legal pad and sings. It's nonsense,
but the whole world comes to...

-You know, you been looking dowdy. Let me
comb your closet for something
sedate but sufficiently masculine.
The latter to eventually alleviate the Minimalist Husband Syndrome at the Nobel.

-Hey! Minimalist I love. Screw it! Let's go to
the hockey game and scream our asses off.

-Let's go to ten. Fast! She's on the short list.
Distinguished! She'll win! Some of it will rub off.

-I hope not!

-Why don’t you aspire to aspire?

-One's enough! How many empty Rice Crispie boxes do you wanna pick from the shelves?

-They also serve who straighten out the
petty shit?

-She's crazy about me!

-Part of her insane parcel.

-I'm King, I'm fuckin King!

-Maybe more like Dan McGrew. “With the first shot he stiffened, second one he fell, third, a new
man's face in hell!"

-You be Dan. I'm Louis Fourteen!

-Think of each face in hell in an entirely vast
panoramic shot, then zoom out leaving each
as small as a grain of sand! Wow!

-She'll do the math in her head!

-What’ll you do in yours?

-Absolutely nothing!

-You've gotta stop being happy! I can’t
stand it!

-They also serve who only screw around.   

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
So many layers...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?