Saturday, May 16, 2015

 

Nitty Gritty Football


...with a whiff of romance

-So the mild accountant pronounces
the harsh sentence?

-Harsh? We've kept it away from the
Commissioner. In the club only.
You're suspended for one game.

-Be good for my body. Healing. Always
healing.

-Another good for your body will be
to never go into sleazy nightclubs
again! Your trouble stems from the
sterling characters you meet there.
Especially the women!

-God never intended such clever ones
go into the trade!

-If you think they're so...why then o why!
do you end up fighting for them?

-Old-fashioned values!

-Well, spare the club any more of those!

-Huh! They call the owner a Robber Baron!

-THEY call? He's great to work for, and
that's enough for me.

-You kind of guys are quick to judge
the likes of me, but bend over for...!

-You’re wrong there. I only do that for
those I love.

-Do you have a partner?

-Not presently. Try-outs open.

-No thanks. I'm in enough trouble.

-Seriously, you need a male friend who's
not into barroom brawls.

-Culture? Art galleries and fancy music?
Little bitty sandwiches?

-Among others. Consider Ballet! Closer to
the athleticism you probably admire.

-We don't go up on our tippy toes!

-But frequently end up on your back.

-That's football.

-Too bad.

-The culture thing really ain't so far out an idea,
but...uh...?

-Don't worry. I give warning before I predate.

-That's a relief.

-I’m warning you now.

-So aggressive!

-You're used to it.



Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?