Monday, June 01, 2015

 

How Arrangements Arrange


Going Condo

My studio apartment is unique in having a nice kitchen.

Tillie McGregor often moaned to me that she couldn’t
make a decent cup of tea, for one. Never mind the
 “biscuits,” or cookies.

The lingering odor of the latter when I return proves 

worth the minor inconvenience.

Well, really, none of that. As she now uses my kitchen just
after I leave for work. Our two studios have a common door,
which has never been locked, we discover. No, no need to
go through the hallway for her.

Unlike Laurel, we call her Laurie of Wales, who begged
to get hands one my small upright piano, left by a previous
tenant, drunk, and untouched by me. Except for my once in
a blue moon dusting. She would ordinarily go through the
hallway, but Tillie grants permission to enter her apartment first.

She practices while Tillie bakes. 

Of course, she must perform, and so the women hold a sort of
recital-feast for me weekly. No bachelor ever happier!

In the foreign exchange section of the bank where both work,
they have chosen to start at noon. Strangely to a non-banker,
but I guess there’s reasonable activity in that period.

When the reasonable activity at my apartment changed a trifle,
I couldn’t put my finger on. Or with whom first. And then...
bit later...cold evenings, three of us buzzed...

Somewhere in there the place went condo, and we bought
our units.

Which we didn’t spare the expense modeling into one.

I treated to the king bed, state of the art.

I know, I know: women will fight in such an arrangement.

Never a cross word, but plenty of hearty Scotch food topped
off with smoky whisky, and lusty hymns from the mines
and moors!

Thunder might issue from pulpits, so these we avoid.

Don’t miss ‘em one damn bit!




Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?