Sunday, July 26, 2015

 

Plus the Long Robe


-It's safe in the hallway at
this hour.

-Mid the bikes and scooters.

-The neighbor's kids.

-Don't they have fire regulations
around here?

-Be careful. Might apply to scythes.
Why drag that thing around, anyway?
Just symbolic.

-We all of us drag round symbolic things.

-Probably so. Let me...swirl a bit more
whipped cream into that hot chocolate.

-Thanks. This cold is unprecedented!

-Can't you hold off on me till the warm
weather.

-I've shown you the list.

-Highlighted me! It's, like, a compliment.

-It is what it is.

-Please finish up the Lorna Doones.

-And then!

-I'd still like to tie some loose ends.
Mostly hurt feelings that I never...

-They'll get over it. Or won't.

-That last howler of a wind nearly lifted
the whole apartment house!

-Means nothing to my appointed rounds.

-I could do your job.

-You'd think. But allow me to point out...

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?