Saturday, August 15, 2015

 

Checking Up


-Whoa! I'm not Bucksey!

-Of course not! Fellow with same last name
as yours insists we call him that. But, don't
worry, because it's your voluminous medical
file I have before me.

-No nicknames in my family. Ever! The children
addressed by first and middle always. With,
naturally, Father, Father, and Mother, Mother!

-Did you get a sense of structure, order?

-Might have if it wasn't daily chaos.

-Well, everybody tried.

-No semblance of order until Father died.
Then my mother married another woman.

-How did that make you feel?

-That's the psychiatrist's question!

-We borrow liberally.

-Why isn’t this stuff digital?

-We tried, but were immediately sued.

-Epidemic around here.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
Life in the C-lane.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?