Tuesday, September 22, 2015

 

State of the Thee-a-truh, or Theater


-Play's two minutes old when the "Dude" throws
a leg over the "Broad."

-They wanna get the sex out of the way, so the
characters can discuss it for the next two hours.

-Don't remind me! And discussion? The stink
of locker rooms folded into the wit of Valley Girls.

-That good? I'm getting a ticket.

-Finally! The theater disgorged!

-I've not been disgorged lately.

-That's all you've been, and I. From this low society.

-Been partial to low society most of my life. Ball and
Chain keeps threatening divorce.

-Oh? Well? Oh well, too, pertaining to the larger topic.
The Drama! We're in the inevitable Transition Period.

-Viva transition! And as for the DRAma! It's as full of
shit as everything else.

-When I speak with you, I feel I've been battered in
a bar fight.

-Viva bar fights!

-It...all adds up to nothing, then?

-Always has.

-By your lights, anyway.

-My LIGHTS!

(sings)
And after I seen Corbett fight,
I put out Jimmy’s lights.

Last time at nine
he put out both of mine


BOTH singing, loud
In the town where I was born!

-I, uh, can’t quite forget my vulgar roots either.

-Best thing about you!


Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Steee-range
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?