Friday, September 04, 2015

 

The Cause


Then I opened the package.
Two Hershey Bars beautifully
wrapped in Christmas paper.

"You trying to bribe me?" I phoned.

He laughed. "In a way, yes."

I congratulated him for having a
girlfriend, since there's no way he
wrapped them. And added the tiny
bows. I rolled one between finger
and thumb.

“Is this a secure phone?”

“The securist!” whispered I.

“Okay, if you could help in the Northern...
our surveys indicate they still like you there.”

“Must be the only place. The South harbors
forever acid.”

“Never mind them! They take their one square
of chocolate a week, and thank me effusively.”

“But the North has armed?”

“HAVE they! Even to Grandmas!”

“Then be a hero! Make it one square a DAY!”

“My Party'll throw me out! The one a week
is established law! They'll scream chaos!”

“I'll call Wahnzo Cotzy and other radio and
TV personalities up there, and suggest the
new rationing. And you'll go along with it
while begging grandma to shove her Glock
back in the knitting bag.”

“Give them the exceptionalism spiel too?”

“Go for it! I do half believe it still. So that, 

and the wisdom of stepping away from bloodshed.  
But it's hardly admirable that we limit 
a product the rest of the world  can get 
as much as they want of.”

“I voted for you once. Despite the grammar.”

“And I'll for you again, if you defuse the
Chocolate Rebels.”

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Hmmm...possible double meaning
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?