Friday, October 30, 2015

 

Exiting


-I just don’t want that sudden jolt of blackness.

-No one does. We’ll ease you in.

-Or out?

-Out. Yes.

-And, I can opt...?

-We’ll tape a buzzer to your right hand. Simple
enough to press the button. There’ll be time.
Like the one at the Eye Doc? “Press when
you see a tiny flash on the white background?”

-For peripheral vision. I’ll press if I decide to live instead.

-Simple enough! Your wife will be in Bermuda?

-Shopping along the harbor. Do you find that strange?

-I find nothing strange, and everything.

-She’ll be back for the service.

-At the university, yes. Your ancient colleague playing
Mozart on the flute.

-Showing will be sparse, so many dead.

-I’ll be there. We just don’t drop our people!
...a few students who like your work.

-Really? How nice!

...

Musings as he goes under.

Hearing voices etc.

His as a child.


Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?