Saturday, November 21, 2015

 

Climates


When I went to the new country to
work, was pretty naive, not noticing
that the welcoming ceremony, and
orientation, and picnic all indoors.

Well, a glance out the thick windows
showed a typhoon. Next day, blizzard!

You get the idea.

My apartment was in the same building,
and I never went outside.

Well, can't say never, because the rare
day was livable, resembling the one when
I flew in. About seven a year, and magnificent
outings were held. Long tours, music, dances,
you name it!

During one of these, Cunalga, a perfectly
proportion Amazon of a woman twice my
size intimated that "The one part of me
is normal." No time like the present.

We moved in together, engaging in the only
pastime the inhabitants...well, no hobbies,
just work and horrible weather. We didn't
even mind the twelve hours on, twelve hours
off, shifts and seven days a week!

No holidays except those decreed when the
nice weather struck.

Well, just as you can get used to anything,
you can get bloody tired of it!

We plotted an escape for the next nice day.

Had to wait more than a year, but bundled
up in all our clothes and vamoosed.

The next country over wasn't that far.
After a journey of five days, mostly
earthquakes, we tore off our filthy
clothes in a totally beautiful climate
where everything bloomed year round.

I thought I'd be given the same job, but
no one worked here. Machines made
other machines to do that.

The central pastime was the same, but
mostly outdoors.

Indoors, too, clothing optional. Much spur
of the moment stuff. I stayed faithful. Fear?
Well, her size!

The worst thing, though, was that everyone
was completely nice. That grew on our nerves.

Everyone was totally understanding of

everything, and when we left, flowers 
thrown at us, and much hugging and kissing
ensued.

We were given rail tickets to the next country.

It consisted only of Male Hairdressers and
had a four season climate of no extremes.

This last was in the population! A meeting
held to decide what to do with Cunalga.

I don't want to stereotype, but it was a catty,
and frequently cutting and vicious one.

Well, they named her Queen!

She ruled absolutely, and didn't she
relish it! I'd never seen that side before.
Even the meanest hairdresser kowtowed!

Queen Cunalga ordered me to hairdressing
school, and, even as a student, I did her hair
exclusively.

The jealousy nearly brought about a
revolution!

A compromise reached on the basis of
MY hair, shoulder-length by now, and
I'm passed around.

I've grown fond of a couple of men in
the mix, rather too much so.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?