Friday, December 02, 2016

 

A Bracelet Shaken in a Dance


-As my career winds down,
I more and more have to
convince younger colleagues
of my worth.

-That gang now is fractious
and edgy. Not a laugh in
a carload.

-Fair appraisal.

-How long do you have?

-The CEO, half my age, doing
my final evaluation.

-Did you pack your shit in the
famous cardboard box yet?

-My last trick is to distract him.
A sort of gypsy dance with lots
of silver bracelets.

-The flash sets him to musing on
pleasant topics, and he says...?

-Let's keep the gypsy for another
year or so. Plug it into some new
group or other.


-Where no one wants you?

-Probably.

-Or, OR! he says...?

-You know? I'm sick of gypsies and
their dances. Let's terminate now.
Cleaner!

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
is that a tambourine?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?