Sunday, November 18, 2018

 

Present and Future Odds


-You and Gwennie are pegged at 7-1.

-Not bad!

-Especially since you’re both coming
off horrendous breakups.

-I weathered the humiliating storm;
I can’t speak for her.

-And please don’t start. My tipsheet say
you’re a bit of a controler.

-She’s so sweet that she invites same.

-Uh huh? But they really like your
ability to forgive.

-That’s sheer bullshit. My grudge
against my cheating former will
never ever end!

-Excuse me while I get this call,
Ooops! 9-1 presently.

-Tell them to go f-

-I’m buying in for thousand!

-Hey! That’s YOUR addiction!

-What’s yours?

-Making a total asshole outa myself!

-For LOVE!

-Always a lousy bet.

-Not this time. Got money riding on
you two beauties.

-That’s hardly the right noun.

-Romeo and Juliet!

-Uh huh! So-called Literature crowded
by tragic loves!

-Not THIS one. For the Ages!

-And the farmer took another load away!

-You’re my moneymaker!

-Why not? Money being shit like
everything else,

-How can Gwennie stand you?

-She’s in it for the money.

-What money?

-You’ll share your payoff, as will
the others.

-Sounds crooked!

-Ah yes!

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
odds
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?