Saturday, August 10, 2019

 

Learning a Role


Fussy and Professory way
to class,


passing an earnest 
playground


basketball game.
“Hey!” yells
Captain Afro,


“need a body!”


“But...love to…
RUSHING TO CLASS!”


Chinese youngster
(that’s right) convinces me
I can spare the few minutes.


We play! Move the ball
around till one of us
gets open for a shot.


Things go fast!


Until strange in-
effectual lull.


Remembered as
almost sleep-walking:


I have the ball,
basket large!


What the hell,
I shoot!


Captain stops game
with jabbering
Chinese support!


“YOU don’t shoot!
WE shoot! You PASS!”


“To ME just once!” chimes
in Yellow Peril--his nickname.


Oh well, my game 
ends as regular arrives.


Black guy whitely 
scarred, and


transcendentally important-
ly, allowed to shoot!




























Comments:
reality
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?