Monday, January 24, 2022

 

Double-Dutch



Reason Why


Surreal Responses 

of Childhood!


Girls…then:


"Cocktail, Ginger Ale

Ten Cents a glass.


If you don’t like it?

Why, shove it up your


ask me no questions

I’ll tell you no lies! N’


if you get hit 

with a pail of shit,


be sure to close your eyes!"


(Or more-direct neighborhood variant:

Starr and Winchester, New Haven--near

Jack Ripkin's Mom-Pop store, and


for most games, especially 

Jump-rope Double-Dutch.)


"Cuz I got hit 

with a pail of shit,


and that’s the reason why!"


I rest my case remembering

those long black ropes just slap-

slapping,


slicing twilight, girls

singing fast,

and FASTER! now.


They surge 

to the BEAT!


Dreaming and 

Haste in 


their Glow-


ing mouths.













 


Comments:
Can see it and hear it...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?