Thursday, August 06, 2009

 
Banker and Assistant, Encore


BANKER
I’ve done it! Changed my registration to Democrat!

ASSISTANT
Chief! What a shock!

BANKER
Going with the power! GOP is now the party of bible thumpers and
raging halfwits. A southern party can’t win. Period. There are some
reform currents, but it won’t really kick in until 2020, if ever. I’ll be
retired, and you’ll be the Great Enchilada. Maybe.

ASSISTANT
Whatever I can do! I’ll switch if you want, uh...basic philosophy
of Republicans still favors our gang, though, don’t you think?
Certainly not trying to undermine your heartfelt decision.

BANKER
Too many problems! I’d rather work with the Dems. They’re on message.
I don’t agree with much of it, but target is clear to me when I pick
up the phone. And the target is in the 21st century!

ASSISTANT
Should I switch then?

BANKER
No! Definitely not. You’re still really a true believer and that’s good!
I’d like you to be even more Republican. Get into meetings, talk to
cornpone legislators.

ASSISTANT
What for?

BANKER
Always important to know what the hillbillies are up to. Out of power and laughable, but still dangerous.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?