Wednesday, August 01, 2012

 

The Law of Intended Consequences

-Last form I downloaded crashed my computer!
Decided on a new one, but salesman couldn't
guarantee it wouldn't...

-If he did, wiggle room would get him out of it
in the event of the same disaster. Covering your
ass is the greatest accomplishment of our time.

-Anyway, decided to come to you instead.
Steer me through the bureaucratic maze.
But why on earth have they made it so...?

-Money in complexity. Thus is added layer upon
layer. A man's grasp should exceed his reach!
...or do I have that bass-ackwards? The language
was so confusing when Browning said it.
If she did.

-I thought that the idea of privatizing so
much was supposed to streamline things,
drive down taxes. They've quadrupled!

-Be careful what you believe in. Have you
finished signing the forms?

-All twenty six!

-We've managed to hold that number down.

-And now you can help me with my so simple
request?

-Many here worked for the company in question.
They know the pulleys and gears and their
infinite arrangements.

-You've not mention a fee and I've been
steeling myself to hear it.

-Nothing. A service of your government.

-You mean you're...? Isn't that topsy-turvey?
I mean you once employed a private firm
to get you through the governmental hoops.

-All's one now, isn't it?










Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?