Monday, October 21, 2013

 

State of Ignorance


Old Texas Hand and Newbie

NEW
I didn't believe the stories before I moved here,
but my development--brand new and everything
the best--is loaded with Creationist-Racists.

OLD
That's a mouthful. Salt of the Earth if y'look at it
another way.

NEW
If that's the salt, the earth's in a bad way.

OLD
Give yuh the sleeves outa their vests.

NEW
What's the upshot? The school boards only approve
texts endorsed by jerk-off ministers. The kiddie’s
picture books have dinosaurs mixed in with
cavemen and biblical characters. The mishmash
takes your breath away!

OLD
Well, we got you now. You talk to 'em. I mean the
ministers and their stone-dumb flocks.

NEW
I'll eventually try...something. Will I have to ship my
kids East to keep them from becoming super-ignorant
good ole boys and girls?

OLD
Lotsa folks do, but they come back and we grab 'em fast.
Pretty soon they speak our language all over again.

NEW
It's a disease!

OLD
Maybe so. We're all sick, but in the top layer you don't
notice it so.

NEW
I'm in a quandary!

OLD
Hell, you're mostly inventing it! Join the country
club and get the genteel version.

NEW
And then become what I hate? But more polite?
I don't think so!

OLD
I do.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
About the state where lived the spawn named W.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?