Saturday, January 17, 2015

 

Sign, Initial


-You're sure, then? B and not A?

-Sure. Yes. B.

-Then, you sign here, and I initial
your signature as being from someone
I know.

-Done!

-Not quite. "The Statement of Intents and
Purposes." Mine. You must read it and
then...

-I already tried. It's incomprehensible.

-Lawyer-Language.

-I'll sign.

-No, just initial.

-Are we almost done?

-Yes! Believe it or not, though, I must ask you
once more as to B.

-I feel like saying "and may God have mercy
on my soul!"

-I too. We must be old-fashioned types.
Besides...it would be phrased: If there
is a God, would you like that apparent entity
to have mercy on your soul?


Both laugh.

-We mustn't laugh. Too serious.

-It's a bitter laugh. Fits all situations.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
Nice work, counselor.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?