Wednesday, February 04, 2015

 

That Toddling Town


-Doctors give it a big long name, but she's...soluble.

-Jeez! Like Wicked Witch of the West that Dorothy
flunged the bucket on?

-Same. She'll melt too.

-Who was the other one, that nice witch, anyhow?

-Billie Burke.

-Sounds like ballplayer. Anyway, should be a law against being that nice.

-Still hunting one up like that?

-Nope, terrified of the entire sex.

-With the exception of our own biodegradable doll!

-What'll we do? And I thought you said soluble.

-Both. Take her to Wrigley and her beloved Cubbies tonight! 

I got a huge NASCAR umbrella if it rains.

-But, if a real gully-washer?

-With my arthritis, I crawl, but you can take her
in your arms and run! How come you can still run?
Every symptom in the Medical Dictionary, and you
run like the wind!

-I don't know, but I've taken a lot of shekels from
the neighborhood kids in bets.

-Ever really compete anymore?

-Couple weeks ago in Skokie. Driving though
and here's a 10-K!

-Win your age group?

-Won the whole damn thing! Was on TV and
everything!

-I only watch the weather-panic channels.

-Storm of the Century! Blizzard of the
Century! Heat of the...!

-Knock it off! Don't be as lavish as they are!

-Jeez! Biodegradable! Soluble!

-Comes to us all. If we hafta flee, we'll
meet at Murphs. Order for me before I
creak through the door.

-Drink our troubles away?

-Toast all the gods besetting us!

-That buys time.

-That's all we want.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?