Thursday, January 14, 2016

 

The Farming Life


Acting Their Parts


-Is there bullshit in Heaven?


-Do you mean actual droppings?


-You know what I mean!


-Well, a misdemeanor here, so practitioners could get there and
spew their endless nonsense.


-I'd hafta hear it?


-Nah! Must be a lotta tune-out mechanisms there.


-I just happened to think, real farmers when they talk about bullshit,
the metaphor, must have the actual stench in their nostrils too.


-Thus meaning much more! But I didn't know that farmers are big
on metaphor.


-A lot we don't know. You be Farmer Joe and I'll be Farmer Jim.


-Like we played as kids?


-But better, fuller. By talking we'll discover Truth! Of others and ourselves.


-A definite first! uh, Farmer Jim.


-Farmer Joe, what do you think about all that space in Space? Does it prove God?


-Moving ahead too fast there, Farmer Jim!


-Maybe so, Farmer Joe, let's give it time.


-A week.


-And Gwen and Ceci?


-Farmers' wives! They'll do their chores and shut up!


-Don't think so. Modern wives regardless.


-That means they'll try to ruin it for us farmers!


-Why change anything?


-Well I don't wanna come off a blistering afternoon
plowing the North Forty, and listen to her complaining about…?


-Lack of similar attention? I’ll speak to her.

-Who put you in charge?


-As always, someone must pick up the reins!.


-But we're tractor guys!


-Okay, I'll lead in my John Deere.


-Right behind you in my HUGE Massey-Ferguson!


-See? Know a lot already!


-I’m brutish!


-Noted!

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Time fer a t-pawty!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?