Thursday, March 22, 2018

 

Sighs the attorney



“Thirty days till Blood Week.”


“You have your instructions.”


“Ax the Unholy Seven! Clear enough.”


“Disloyal Incompetents!”


“But I’m feeling repercussions like
the pre-echo on an old LP.”


“Not your worry.”


“Will be if they sue.”


“Honey the exits!”


“Consider it done! But, speaking of
Honey, divorce final in a day!”
“I started breathing again last week.”

“And the other lady packing up.
Bit too slowly. Your termination
clause with her is solid, but her
shyster brother’s a lawyer, so
they still think they can extract
more from The Big Guy.”


“That’s allegedly me. More pounds
of flesh off this fifty year old hide,
and I become the little guy again!”


“Won’t let that happen! Why you
couldn’t afford me then! But...
I’ve got something pleasant for you.
German knockout came over to
marry senior honcho of conglomerate?


But he stroked out and is presently
Babble-o-Rama!


She wants you! Pure and simple.
She read Business Week Profile.


And her deal is no deal. She signs
nothing, nor do you. Has her own
money, believe it or not. At any rate,
she has put my cynicism to the test!”


“Uh huh? I do believe I’ve heard similar
melodies.”


“I quote ‘My desire is to serve him
completely. End of story!’”


“I’ll meet her. Haven’t laughed
recently.”


After two weeks, he cancelled
Blood Week.


Thus Cherchez la femme for
good things too.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
frightening 7 days!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?