Saturday, March 05, 2022

 

Mr Oggley-woh-pickle-wiggle

Finally got me & 3 kids (Daddy: “War-Dead”) 

on military flight! But not enough baggage room, 

so caseworker insists on 1 Toy for all 3. They VOTE!


Mr Oggley-woh-pickle-wiggle wins.


Nondescript & filthy as I tape him to

my backpack.


We’re off! Land in Florida place I never heard of.

All old people, so love the kids that first night.


Though guy who runs motel wonders:

“What funny country you from?”


I dig out the backpacks & hang the clothes

all over to air out.


Sit outside with 1 eye on my deep sleepers.

Mr Oggley-woh-pickle-wiggle complains loudly!


I go back in & untape him. Wash him in the little sink.


“Can we go outside now? “


I nod to him. He airs out in the lawn chair next to mine!  “Look at that LIGHT!”


Not much--moon big as a sun though.


“You're one GREAT MOM!” Thank him…but

saying to him that he’s just a dream.


“Nope. It's me.”


I laugh, & he goes on:


“And never ever forget

how much I love you!”










Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?