Friday, June 19, 2009

 
Rocco and the Plutocrat


ROCCO
Hey Pete the Plutocrat! Slumming?

PETE
I always return to my childhood bakery here!

ROCCO
Very South Philly!

PETE
You can take the boy out of...

ROCCO
And put him into a Chauffeur-driven Bentley and a Main Line Mansion.

PETE
Fruits of Labor.

ROCCO
And lawyers. But listen! You’re the only wealthy guy I know who’s not crying poor-mouth, and continuously bitching and moaning about the government robbing him. Even during massive money transfer to your class from the rest of us under Bush. Now you’ll lose under the evil Democrats and Obama.

PETE
I’m guessing half a percent.

ROCCO
How about these wars? Kicking the shit outa all of us really.

PETE
Money never lost a war. Let me buy you a cannoli.

ROCCO
Buy? What a quaint notion. Take! That’s your way.

PETE
Why not say steal?

ROCCO
You were one slick kid!

PETE
I grew up!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?