Saturday, September 29, 2012

 
Newlyweds Quarrel

-I was cheerleader and he star quarterback.
Make of that what you will. You and hubby
laugh at everything anyway.

-Not this. Not him. He's a jock worshiper.

-Anyway we got married. Monster bash. 

Then he was drafted into the pros. 
That's a short story with an anti-O'Henry ending. Broke his leg in pre-season 
and never could get back.

So he’s small college coach, now, and I work
for the dean. It’s okay. I like all the women there. Not usual with me.

But before all of that! Early matrimony proved
rocky altogether. And we had this one fight
I couldn't even describe. I mean everything
was on the table--and bleeding.

I told him if we were going to go on like that,
we should shoot each other. He left, hot!

When he came back--I thought because he remembered something especially 

biting he forgot to...

-Oh oh!

-No! He dissolved in tears and begged forgiveness on his knees.

-And what did you conclude from...?

-They never really learn how to fight.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?