Sunday, January 11, 2015

 

Aiding an Other


“You got the world on a string, Carlos!
Unfortunately, it's a greasy one!”

Glenda's last remark as she embarked
on a sales trip.

Puzzled, he asked Monette. "Oh she's just
Othering. It's what we do to those not
True-Blue American Idiots."

“But I am! A citizen!”

“Just a fact. We're talking about perceptions.”

“Well, how do I...?”

“Listen! For a start, go to the football game
tonight with my brother. He's a Uniformed
Fireman. Helps carry that humongous flag.
Covers the whole field! With soldiers, sailors,
cops, those patriotic by profession.”

“And me? Great!”

“Well, not exactly, uh, across the field for you.
You'll be a Flag Wrangler, dragging it off the
truck with other Others, wrestling it through
the gate, unfolding the whole massive thing
for the washed ones to get under it. Hoist it.
March it billowing out. Ah!”


"Washed-unwashed? You're starting to sound 

like Glenda!”

“You're not a Spick Terrorist are you?”

“Monette! I trusted you!”

“I'm sorry. Just a brief fit. It’s in the genes!”

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
More than a grain of fiction!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?