Thursday, February 12, 2015

 

The Art of Legislating


-Well, for the ten thousandth time, the devil
is in the details.

-We’re the devils!

-Don’t get theological on me! Our fellows
rely on us to hammer out a deal.

-Just speaking to you is sacrilege, according
to a good many of my voters.

-Mine too, and we will rape their purity
once again this night.

-You’re a Catholic: you’ve got Confession.
I’ve just got elevated thought.

-Well, hold it down so we can talk.

-And as grimy as it all proves, our better angels
will drift in when we’re exhausted.

-I think we should belay the holy or infernal
imagery. We’re...sleazy car dealers in a seedy
part of town.

-My battered Ford and a thousand for your Chevvie!

-When we shake hands on that, we lift the neighborhood.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Great stuff
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?