Saturday, February 06, 2016

 

A Short History of American Manufacturing


“Do it THIS vay!” insisted the Swede,
so Chuckie and I did. For years.

Then the Swede died and his brother
came for his tools.

We quarreled then. Chuckie stood
with the dead Swede, and I for myself.

So I did it my way, and Chuckie, the Swede's.

It got ugly. And silly. So much so that
we expected Management to intervene.

They didn't because they didn't care.
The products shipped as they were.

But they eventually made a decision!

To outsource the manufacturing to a
robotic factory in Mexico.

But Chuckie and I weren't out. We both
play the Swede in our display at Industry
World.

Have gotten a bit famous. Me on TV, and he on
Facebook and other social media.

The robots make absolute crap.

So much so that management has decided
to give the products away, and has installed
a monster service facility in our old factory here.

That way the customer ends up paying much more.

The Required Service Contract a Master Gouge!

Admired world-wide.

Chuckie and I laugh about how our lives have
turned into lies.

The Swede’s brother put up his tools on Ebay
so we bought them for the act.

“No Biz like Show etc!” twitters Chuckie to.
his thousands of followers!

But I’m not jealous, since my agent has just
nailed me down the role of Pepsi Grandfather.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
I always wondered what happened.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?