Thursday, March 15, 2018

 

Going Back to Get Back


Registered with Bureau of Revenge
on a whim really.

Oh there were those to get back at.
But nothing Major League.

Save for the one flit who wheedled
the whole room to laughter at my
expense the once.

I tried to walk back his punishment,
but they wouldn’t change their mind.

Given a stammer.

Believe me, his future witticisms
would fall completely flat while
he forced words out!

At any rate, that was enough.

Too small of me, I felt, to go on
with other cases.

But. Not so fast. One against me.

Brought by Jennifer Darlington’s
Sister.

Hereinafter: JDS.

Who claims I met her shaking sister
in a hallway, and she shook so, I
wisecracked “Shall we dance?”

Weak! But it hurt her forever since
she had Muscular Dystrophy.

Who knew?

Now I offered to abjectly apologize!

Wouldn’t work. She’d feel I’d just
turn new words against her!

I’d write it then. Thoroughly heartfelt!

That’s the best way to lie, scoffed they.

Meantime, the computer had made
JDS into JEROME Darlington’s Sister.

All discussion ceased! He the meanest ever!

Sent away then, their wondering if I’d even get homel

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
inadvertent
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?