Friday, March 09, 2018

 

Topics


His three exes are meeting!


He confides to fellow representative, Steph,
because she’s motherly: “I had no idea they
even knew each other.”


On the Big Day, she laughs “Your ears
burning yet?”


What he felt he knew: where each would
get the tourist trolley to THE MADDING
CROWD…books and belly at the end.


And that each would order a Latte Bathsheba.


But he missed the Prune Danish and subsequent
half hour banter on same.


Actually it was all like one of those sports shows
where the topics are listed and they never get
to yours.


In the two hours, he was not even mentioned!


The women liked each other, and met again.
His name wasn’t forbidden or anything.
Just never rose to top of list.


He could vaguely feel the neglect and
wondered to Roger.


Who ignored such vagueness to blurt
“I’m declaring my love to Laurel, the
new woman in the office!”


“Last year it was Brad!”


“A gay year!”


“Will you alternate from here on?”


“Delay putting that in your Master Plan
For the Universe!”


“I control nothing! In fact, I’m haunted by
what women are saying…or not saying!”


“Same thing”

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
droll
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?