Sunday, July 20, 2014

 

Approaching the Dating Scene


The clever people in Marcum's skull suddenly fled.

The last to leave being the fellow who asked Gwen,
"What time is it getting to be? My biological clock
has gone haywire!"

When he asked her out then, she went ice.

And such a warm creature!

But later, further ascertaining his new dopeyness, she accepted.

In fact, his dating calendar became full.

"It's true!" he informed Berkie, his close friend, "Inarticulate is the
new Flavor of the Month!"

"Have the girls gotten equally as stupid?"

"Nah, they're the same. Smart as hell! And Jean-Ann cuts the legs
out from under you with her wit!"


"You're a fad. Everybody'll get sick of you in no time.”

“You're hitting my fear!”

“It's no doubt. Then where'll you be?"

“Wherever they want! I'll adapt. “

"There's the conundrum! Is it easier to become somebody else if
you're dumb? Or if you're clever?"

“I don't know but I'll...!”

“You'll WHAT?”

“What we were saying.”

“I don't think so!”

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Classic tale of love and stupidity.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?