Monday, November 10, 2014

 

Leans, But Unafraid of Truth


One of our gang is a newspaper columnist. Unlike us,
he leans Right. But, you can always bank on a
stinging answer, no matter where you’re coming from.

“How come they can’t let go of the O’s Community
Organizer past?”

“Makes them seethe anew. They like that. Hand in glove
with Race–-if anybody pulls up in a Purple Scion and asks.”

“Why don’t you write about it? Don’t wanna sound Lefty?”

“I have no care as to how I sound, and never have! But the
sneer in question is cheap coin. I’ve upgraded my Treasury.”

“What kinda newspaperman are YOU?”

“I don’t know: Leaving the yellow but not quite for the pink.”

There he laughs uproariously. He enjoys no humor but his own,
and that so fully, it’s an embarrassment.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?